Cuban movies in telakka

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
Mikkoli
Viesti:

Cuban movies in telakka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mikkoli »

Hola!
From the 6th to the 9th of November (Thursday-Sunday), in Telakka and Niagara, will take place the Cuban film festival I am directing. Here there is some information in Finnish:

http://www.dokumenttikilta.fi/node/567

As you see it's a very unusual event, a kind of festival where we don't just show movies but talk and analyze them and we bring some of the people involved in those movies to talk with the audience. It is also really unique to see Cuban movies now a days in Europe. The institutions involved on this event are the Cuban Film Institute (ICAIC), TTVO/TAMK, Taiteen keskustoimikunta, the Embassies of Cuba in Finland and Spain, Pirkanmaa Elokuvakeskus, Europa Cinemas or Suomi-Kuuba-Seura.

You can find the info about the Nigara program in Niagara website and the Telakka program in the attachment I send you. There is also a class about history of Cuban cinema on Friday the 7th at 15:30 in Telakka by the Cuban art director and production designer Derubín Jácome: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0002968/

But there are still some things that need to be done, and I ask your help for those things:

* We need editors to put subtitles to a 50min movies. The texts are ready, what is needed it to place them in the movie track. The same with a 5min presentation of a film that has been shot, as the actor couldn´t come.

*We need sound people to help editing some sounds from Havanna that we have, to make a a sound track that will be listened (looping) in Telakka terrace those festival days.

* We need light people to make the light design of the opening party for the guests and crew in Ylioppilasteatteri (the party is on Thursday the 6th)

*We are looking for interprets Spanish -Finnish and Finnish-Spanish for the movies presentations and debates. Maybe you can't but know someone that can. We are also looking for people that can translate texts from English into Finnish for the website (that we need it as soon as possible).

*People that can film the concerts of the Cuban musicians that are playing in Telakka Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. It would be great, if someone has ideas and energy to do it, to shoot some music video with some of the Cuban bands during those days.

*We need drivers to pick up and take the guests and musicians from Vantaa airport

**Wednesday 5th leaving Tampere 18:15 (pick up 5 people, I will go too but I have no license)
**Saturday 8th leaving Tampere 13:15 (pick up the musician Boris Larramendi. I can not go)
**Sunday leaving Tampere 9th 8:30 (take 2 film guests, Derubín Jácome and Diana Fernández, she speaks good English. I can not go)
**Monday 10th leaving Tampere 8:30 (take 4 people, I will go too but have no license)

* People to put posters in the streets

*People (specially those living in Pispala area, as all our guests will live there) that can help to make the guests have a warm stay those 5 days in Tampere.

and of course those who help can get free tickets for the films, invitations to the opening party and food and drinks discounts in Telakka during the festival days. There are no money benefits to share, as the money we get will be sent to Cuba. Two hurricanes (one, Ike, with Finnish name) have destroyed part of the island quite recently and I thought it was a logical decision to send it there.

Thanks a lot/ Kiitos / Gracias
Wish to see you there,

Andrea
puh. 0509343711