markuspetz
Viesti:

World Forum artivist training in Belgium - age 30 & under

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

http://www.salto-youth.net/find-a-training/1634.html

Word Forum - Promoting youth participation: a real emergency

Themes of the workshops

1. The demands of life versus the power of money
For the young people of today and tomorrow, independent sustainable food production constitutes an important challenge: a difficult fight against financial speculation and the privatisation of natural resources.

2. Rebel women against confinement
All over the world, women are the hostages of armed conflicts, mafia organisations, insurgents and human traffickers. But many, both young and not so young are rebelling against this…
3. Poverty is not inevitable
Defending the right for everyone to have access to housing, health care, employment and a decent life is an obtainable objective, providing that wealth is redistributed and that social justice and well being are prioritised.
4. Let's take the media ! !
Too often, the press and the media give us a very black and white view of events without a sufficient depth of critical analysis. What has happened to the role of the written and visual press to question and challenge both on the net and in newspapers? There is to much focus on celebrities, scoops and sensational and minor incidents. It’s time for a change!
5. The right and freedom to learn
Child labour - forced or necessary, a lack of funding for education versus the enormous amount allocated to war and banks. Access to schools, higher education and the possibility of encouraging social and geographical mobility in order to discover knowledge: these are the challenges.
6. A world to be created
Cultural practices such as the creation of art or visiting places where culture is disseminated and expressed allows numerous young people to have access to the kind of innovation and authenticity which will inspire in them a sense of autonomy and a desire to participate and therefore help them find their place in society.

World forum to promote different ways of active participation for young people on our planet, and ways of linking these the the actions of other generations.
Activity date 2010-02-14 - 2010-02-20
Activity type Other
Forum with creative worshops
Target group Young people, Youth leaders
For participants from ALL YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES
Group size 50
Venue place, venue country Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium - FR
Details The workshops will explore 6 different themes, in different ways through exchanges of analysis, practical solutions and through different forms of creative intervention in the public sphere.
Two working methods will adopted. During the morning sessions, experts will give their input on one the themes. This will be followed by a group discussion. The rest of the day will be devoted to creative work using the 2 techniques : writing and image.
Costs Full board and lodging will be provided by the organisers. Travel and visa costs of participants coming from Programme Countries can be covered by the national agencies of the YIA programme according to their own rules
Working language Workshops will be bilingual, French/English, and in some cases, spanish as well.
Organizer NA Belgium (FR)
Organizer's profile/framework of activity
Deadline 2009-12-04
Date of selection 2009-12-14
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...