LOOKING FOR PARTNER FOR PROJECT : EU MEDIA - ITALY 15 – 22 June 2010

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

LOOKING FOR PARTNER FOR PROJECT : EU MEDIA - ITALY 15 – 22 June 2010

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

NAME OF THE PROJECT: EU MEDIA (ACTION 4.3)

WHERE: Poggiardo, Lecce, Salento , Italia

WHEN : 15 – 22 June 2010

WHO : 6 youths from each country (18-30 years)

EU MEDIA is a youth exchange that want to give to youngsters the opportunity to confront themselves about different themes concerning media and European citizenship.

It will involve 36 young people for 7 days in Poggiardo, in the south of Italy.

The participants will have the opportunity to confront each other, to know meet the other cultures and to show their own, with the aim to brake stereotypes through role play games, discussions and guided tours.

During the project participants will understand through the non-formal education approach, including outdoor activities, the role of media in the society and their contribution to develop European citizenship.

The project is a result of discussions and debates about the new information and communication society and the importance of media as a key to understand the world and to promote an active and democratic participation of European citizenship.

The main theme of the project is to EDUCATE THE YOUNG TO MEDIA, enable them to access to the media content and to analyze, think critically and interpret the different messages of different media.

Besides educating youth to media messages, in an international and European context, the project wants to emphasize the need for information that crosses national boundaries.

With this purpose, we will be create within a local newspaper, a page dedicated to Europe, where all the youth can write their ideas and comments, speaking of the Youth in Action and youth policies, active citizenship etc. .

Our objectives in this connection are varied and summarized below:

* Acquire the know how to use, read and critically evaluate media messages, knowing how to control the interactions through the media, gain expertise in the media
* Develop a critical sense and the ability to obtain all possible keys of interpretation of reality
* Identify the salient features of the media context, choose and adopt a healthy behaviours to their goal
* Create information that crosses national boundaries, and that is a window on Europe.

OUR ORGANIZATION: JUMP IN

JumpIn is a non-governmental Association, which deals with:

o cultural events (conference, seminars, cineforum, concerts, art exhibitions);
o intercultural activities (programmes and projects of youth mobility, education on international topics, promotion of different cultures in Italy and abroad, welcome activities of tourists and foreigners, promotion of Youth in Action Programme);
o education activities (education projects in schools and on an extra-schools basis throughout a non- formal education method focused on active citizenship, European conscience, against racism and xenophobia, human rights principles);
o Territorial promotion (promotion of its typical aspects, its artists, tourism, sport activities)

COSTS :

The accommodation and food for all participants will be covered in total by project budget.
70% Travel expenses will be reimbursed to the participants.

There is no participation fee.

INFO:

VALERIA CARLUCCIO

E mail: valeriajumpin@hotmail.it

Tel. +39 3389870596

KARIN CALLIPO

E mail : eleonorajumpin@hotmail.it

tel.+39 388 1943327
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...