Instit. for Anarchist Studies Grant App. Deadline MONEY FOR TRANSLATING ANARCHIST THOUGHT - January 15th, 2010

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Instit. for Anarchist Studies Grant App. Deadline MONEY FOR TRANSLATING ANARCHIST THOUGHT - January 15th, 2010

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

.Institute for Anarchist Studies Grant Application Deadline - January 15th, 2010

Twice a year, the Institute for Anarchist Studies (IAS) awards grants to writers and translators worldwide for essay-length works. The IAS grants $4,000 annually to essay writers and translators treating themes of significance to the development of contemporary anarchist ...theory and practice. One to four essays are awarded between $250 and $1,000 in each of our two funding rounds. The IAS also provides editorial assistance to the grant recipients, who generally commit to completing their projects in the six months following their award. Moreover, the IAS publishes many of the finished essays in Perspectives on Anarchist Theory or, in the future, as part of a forthcoming book series to be published in collaboration with AK Press.

Since the inception of the Institute for Anarchist Studies in 1996, the grant program has been a central project. By awarding grants to radical writers and translators around the world -- many of whom work without the support of academic institutions, and are connected in important ways to the movements about which and for which they write -- the IAS has tried to support the development of the theoretical tools necessary for critiquing the systems of domination in which we are enmeshed as well as proliferating resistances and alternatives to these systems in order to maximize freedom, justice, and dignity.

Our next application deadline is January 15, 2010, and we encourage writers and translators exploring social domination and/or reconstructive visions of a free society to apply. For more information and/or to apply via our online application, see http://www.facebook.com/l/e6941;www.ana ... .org/apply
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...
markuspetz
Viesti:

app put in

Ask me and maybe I say
markuspetz
Viesti:

Not successful this time

Dear Markus,

I am writing with regard to your application to the Institute for Anarchist Studies grant program. I regret to inform you that the board did not award your project in the February 2010 round of granting. The IAS received over 35 proposals for consideration this February, and your application contributed to a very challenging decision-making process.

I want to thank you for submitting your application and wish you the best of luck with your project and with all your efforts.

For the IAS,
David Combs
Administrator
Ask me and maybe I say
Vastaa Viestiin