Supported Summer PLacements in Holland

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Supported Summer PLacements in Holland

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

Dear friends and partners of Code-X International,

We have 2 vacancies in the Code-X International office from summer 2010 for an EVS Training Coordinator and an EVS Hosting – “Digital Head”. Please feel free to forward this information to colleagues, friends or contacts who might be interested in these vacancies. The deadline to apply is 10 March as we are applying for the 1 April deadline.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Natalia Roelofs

Project Manager

Code-X International

EVS ”Training coordinator”

Code-X International is a non-profit organization based in The Netherlands with the mission: to connect people’s personal development with the needs and values of the international community. To do this, we create individual and group volunteer programs throughout the world.
Our office is made up of international young people, committed to supporting their peers. We offer a one year EVS placement in Culemborg, a quiet town 20 minutes from the student city of Utrecht. Volunteers receive €180 for food and €115 for pocket money. This is enough to meet your needs, but if you really want to explore The Netherlands and the surrounding area (Belgium/Germany) it is advised that you bring some savings. Dutch lessons are provided for the first 3 months, in the evenings. Working hours are Monday-Thursday 9.00-17.30 (32 hours per week). There is an option to spend one of the days at one of our partner organisations to facilitate integration in the community, for example at the old age care centre, the organic farm, or the local school.

Skills:
o Experience as a participant in Trainings/Exchanges
o Experience hosting, coordinating or training a youth exchange or training
o Experience or willingness to learn application writing
o Basic budgeting skills
o Excellent English (written and spoken)
o Great at communicating with people from different cultures
o Organized, and detail oriented
o Available for a 12 month EVS Placement

Tasks:
o Compile invitations from partners and (with the chairman) decide which projects to apply to
o Recruit Dutch participants for international trainings and exchanges
o Prepare the participants, and organise evaluations meetings
o Write applications to host trainings in The Netherlands
o Coordinate trainings/exchanges that we host (book location, communicate with international partners, help with visa applications, etc).
o Provide information on new projects and stories to the webmaster
o Assist with promotion of Code-X International at various events

Timeline:
Deadline to apply is 1 March. Participants will be selected by 10 March, and the project will be submitted for the 1 April deadline. The project will begin in July/August 2010 for 1 year.

To apply:
Send a CV an motivation letter to EVS Hosting Coordinator at evs-hosting@code-x.nl

EVS Hosting – ‘Digital Head’

Code-X International is a non-profit organization based in The Netherlands with the mission: to connect people’s personal development with the needs and values of the international community. To do this, we create individual and group volunteer programs throughout he world.

Our office is made up of international young people, committed to supporting their peers. We offer a one year EVS placement in Culemborg, a quiet town 20 minutes from the student city of Utrecht . Volunteers receive €180 for food and €115 for pocket money. This is enough to meet your needs, but if you really want to explore The Netherlands and the surrounding area (Belgium/Germany) it is advised that you bring some savings. Dutch lessons are provided for the first 3 months, in the evenings. Working hours are Monday-Thursday 9.00-17.30 (32 hours per week). There is an option to spend one of the days at one of our partner organisations to facilitate integration in the community, for example at the old age care centre, the organic farm, or the local school.

Skills:

* Ability to maintain websites
* Experience with montage of films
* Knowledge of digital networks (Hyves, Facebook, etc)
* Basic computer system skills (installing programs, problem solving, etc)
* Fluency in English (written and spoken)

* Great at communicating with people from different cultures
* Organized, and detail oriented
* Available for a 12 month EVS Placement

Tasks:

* Maintain the Code-X International website by placing stories and photos
* Film and compile short films for our funders, participants, and website
* Keep our digital presence up to date on partner websites and networks
* Assist with promotion of Code-X International at various events

Timeline:

Deadline to apply is 1 March. Participants will be selected by 10 March, and the project will be submitted for the 1 April deadline. The project will begin 01 July 2010 for 1 year.

To apply:

Send a CV an motivation letter to EVS Hosting Coordinator at evs-hosting@code-x.nl
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...