- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Empowering Women! "I'm not afraid of storms" Training France

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/traini ... irect=true

Activity organised by SALTO
National Agency
Summary The seminar will deal with the empowerment of women: it will deepen what empowering means (liberty, power, knowledge and capacity for taking decisions) and how it is searched in various sectors of life (economy, politics, education and health).
Activity date 2010-12-13 - 2010-12-18
Activity type Contact making seminar
Partnership building seminar
Target group Trainers, Youth workers

For participants from ALL YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES, NEIGHBOURING PARTNER COUNTRIES
Group size 28
Venue place, venue country Strasbourg (Youth European Centre), France
Details Empowerment start from within, women should not wait for being empowered from others, should find the courage and capacity for gaining it.

Presentation of the activity

The seminar will deal with the empowerment of women: it will deepen what empowering means (liberty, power, knowledge and capacity for taking decisions) and how it is searched in various sectors of life (economy, politics, education and health). Participants will have a direct touch with the empowerment of women in the seminar venue, by visiting places and organisations active in the field.
All this in order to let participants build partnerships and draw draft ideas of future common projects, which will be monitored with an impact evaluation after 6/12 months.

Aims and objectives
1. facilitating the networking process among participants and promoting new common projects
2. letting participants deepening the topic and its corollaries
3. deepening the analysis of the fields where empowering it's needed in the four regions (EU + MEDA + SEE + EECA)
4. getting a direct touch with the external environment, with organizations and bodies with strong connections with the thematic
5. sharing experiences in the field
6. facilitating the networking process among participants and promoting new common projects.

Selection of articipants :
1. a gender balance would be REALLY appreciated (or at least a significant male participation)

2. Selection
Programme countries: pre-selection through sending National Agencies for the YiA programme
Mediterranean Partner countries: Salto-Youth EuroMed with support of EuroMed Youth Units
Other partner countries: Salto-Youth EuroMed with support of SALTO SEE and SALTO EECA

Costs Accomodation, food and programme costs are covered by the YiA programme. Travel costs can be partially or totally covered, for the selected participants from programme Countries, by their sending national Agency. Check this point with your NA. For selected participants from Partners countries, the organisers will contact them.
Working language English
Organizer INJEP
Organizer's profile/framework of activity French National Agency of YiA programme
Deadline 2010-10-16
Date of selection 2010-10-25
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...