Captain Culture -Lefkosia, Cyprus 2010-11-29 - 2010-12-06

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Captain Culture -Lefkosia, Cyprus 2010-11-29 - 2010-12-06

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/traini ... irect=true

Captain Culture Training run by Politistiko Ergastiri Ayion Omoloyiton

Summary Who is Captain Culture? Dealing with Intercultural dialogue and searching for Innovative ideas and exploring Creativity? Come and join us in Cyprus, the island where culture of three continents blends with traditions. Fly with Captain Culture!!

Target group Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth workers

For participants from ALL YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES
Group size 30
Venue place, venue country Lefkosia, Cyprus

Details Main aims
Captain Culture TC is an experiential 8 days course (including traveling days). Main aims are to learn how to deal with cultural diversity, to use cultural diversity as a tool to discover identity, to work with concrete aspects of cultural diversity and integration in youth work.

Objectives:
- Awareness of the importance that influence of culture has on person’s behaviour and identity.
- Recognition and sensitiveness for differences that other cultures bring.
- Pointing out the importance of cultural issues in YiA Programme.
- Developing tools, activities, strategies for improvement of youth work on local level focused on cultural diversity.
- Promoting multiplying effect of youth workers in local participation.

Technical info:
Name: Captain Culture – Creativity in ICL
Dates: 29th November - 6th December 2010 (Including arrival and departure)
Place: Lefkosia, Cyprus (venue will be arranged shortly)
Number of Participants: 30 total (number of participants per country will depend on
final number of partners)
Age of Participants: 18+
Profile of participants: Youth workers dealing with intercultural issues interested in using alternative approach in intercultural learning

Dates
PARTICIPANT’S Application Deadline: 30.09.2010
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS: 10.10.2010

Specific feature of the training is that it consists of two parallel courses: Exploring Daily Activities and Activities using the Local Outdoor environment in one TC. Participants will be able to benefit from one of it (regarding their learning styles and the choice they will make prior to the course) and in common sessions sharing, evaluating and discussing their experiences.

• Exploring Daily Activities
Have you ever recognized funny things about other cultures during your traveling? Did you discover that your friend from East Europe always wears pyjamas and you don’t? Are you the one that is always late while your friends from the North are always waiting for you? Have you ever walked into a French toilet and didn’t know where to sit?
Would you like to join us in our mission of exploring these small things?
We invite you to discover differences in daily day culture, like food, clothes, time, music, dances, customs and ways of communicating with each other etc. In fact, all the other things that shape our every day life and have roots in our culture.

• Activities using the local Outdoor environment for exploring ICL
How do you connect a lake, a mountain and a forest with Intercultural Learning? Well, the same way you connect a hike in the mountain with the love of your life, or a canoe with the meeting of cultures!
Come and explore how to use outdoor activities (ex. hike, orienteering, picnic, star gazing etc.) in intercultural learning – ICL. We will be focusing on communication, different aspects of culture (general, national, personal etc.), cultural clashes and intercultural projects.
In both groups participants will also develop their own tools for ICL.

Team of trainers:
Saro Rossi Italy
Milena Lazic Serbia
Nina Arnus Slovenia
Panayiotis Theodorou Cyprus

Costs Participants Fees: 20 Euro per participant
Travel costs: Reimbursement of 70 % of travel costs. (Expenses costs receipts needed directly from airport companies and not travel agencies)

Working language ENGLISH

Downloads (GO TO WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD APPS ETC.) Info Pack for Captain Culture in Cyprus
(918.4 kB)

Participants' Application Form for CCC
(225.5 kB)

Captain Culture
(19.3 kB)

Fly with Captain Culture
(29.2 kB)

Application to
Politistiko Ergastiri Ayion Omoloyiton
Panayiotis Theodorou
Ayion Omoloyiton 56, 1080, Lefkosia
Phone: 00357 22450830
E-mail: info@politistiko-ergastiri.org
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...