egypt cultural exchange 70% travel aged <30 +1leader any age

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

egypt cultural exchange 70% travel aged <30 +1leader any age

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

CALL FOR PARTNERS

Title of the project:

-THE MANY MEDITERRANEAN'S VOICES BETWEEN BAZAAR AND OLIVE OIL.

Activity type:

Action 3.1 Youth Exchange, Cooperation with the neighboring countries of the European Union Action

Activity date:

23rd to 30th of July 2011

Venue:

Alexandria, Egypt

Participant countries: Programme countries In Mediterranean region

Participants:

- Between 20 and 30 years old

- From each country: 4 participants + 1 leader

- The working language will be English

- Must be interested in economy, political and international relationships, particular knowledge or interests are required

- Must bring presentation of native country, specially about economic point of view

Summary:

“The Nordics are, all over the world, a race of soldiers, sailors, adventurers, and explorers, but above all, of rulers, organizers, and aristocrats in sharp contrast to the essentially peasant character of the Alpines. The mental characteristics of the Mediterranean race are well known, and this race, while inferior in bodily stamina to both the Nordic and the Alpine, is probably the superior of both, certainly of the Alpines, in intellectual attainment. In the field of art its superiority to both races is unquestioned.”(Madison Grant)

Wine and Olive Oil are essential commodities in our lives and have provided our region with common heritage and traditions dating as far back as the memorable Roman Empire. Not only do we share products that are famously unique to our region which extend to many social and cultural aspects of our lives and history. We as Mediterranean people also collaboratively share a common geo-policitical position more and more in today’s modernized world, which we should collectively embrace in an increasingly globalised economy. This does not mean the glorification of our origins should become synonymous with economic and regional lucrative interests or a false modesty based on common (but not equal) history, pains, war and dominations. Nobody denies the relevance of our common products, but why do we have to think that a condition for peace is essentially an economic cooperation? Yes history has told us that real life is dominated by monetary influence, repeatedly evident with trade and commerce agreements providing political stability, collaboration and economic development. Peace and cultural accord is achieved through a shared understanding of acceptance between the involved parties, but is our heritage tied by geographic position an economic legacy? Perhaps not. There is something you can touch and feel by discovering new places that enable you to bring experience and acceptance back to your own country despite the distance. Sour AL-Hamadya, Ulus, Ballaro’, Khan al Khalili, different bazaars, cities, sceneries, lifestyles and ways of life may differ, but something will make you feel at one with these differences, so why not try to give them real importance? This project will provide an opportunity to travel within our common origins to promote cultural acceptance and social plasticity by way of exploring each other and ourselves in life today. Sharing our different economies, politics and shopping in local bazaars enabling us to strengthen cooperation through young participation.

Objectives:

- Fighting prejudice

- Sharing our Mediterranean heritage, our perception speaking about future possibility agreements

- Sharing our thoughts in an atmosphere governed by freedom, of speech, of worship, opinion and information

- Talking politics: dictatorship what really means? Is democracy still alive? How do we see each other?

- Economic comparative

- What about our future? Let’s speak young people about common topics

Financial conditions:

There is no participation fee. Board & lodging during the youth exchange is free of charge. 70% of travel expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of the cheapest possibilities with supplying of the original papers.

How to apply:

Please fill the part 3 and send it signed:

Firstly in both word file and scanned the signed copy to email;

systemandgenerationoffice@gmail.com
mb.youthcaravan@gmail.com
Marina Benino - EVS Volunteer in S&G

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us by email.

Secondly, the original copy to the following address before the 18th of March 2011:

SYSTEM AND GENERATION ASSOCIATION

Address: FevziCakmak 2 sk. No: 38/23 Cankaya 06440 Ankara Türkiye

Part III. Partner promoter(s)

A. Details of the partner

Name

Street address

Postcode

City

Region

Country

Email

Website

Telephone

Telefax

Person in charge of the project (contact person)

Family name (Ms/Mr)

First name

Position/function

Email

Telephone

Telefax

B. Profile of the partner

Type and status

Non profit/non governmental organisation

Public body Informal group of young people

Body active at European level in the youth field (ENGO)

Other – please specify:

Activity level

Local

Regional

National

European/International

Member organisation of the applicant

Please give a short description of your organisation/group (regular activities, member of, etc.) :

C. Preliminary agreement of the partner

I, the undersigned, on behalf of (repeat the name of the partner)

confirm our participation in each stage of the project (repeat the title of the project as stated in Part I): -THE MANY MEDITERRANEAN'S VOICES BETWEEN BAZAAR AND OLIVE OIL.

I declare having reached an agreement with all the promoters involved in the project with regard to the share of EU grant my organisation/group is entitled to receive in order to implement the project.

I confirm that my organisation/group has not applied for funding for this project to another National Agency or to the Executive Agency.

Furthermore, I confirm my undertaking to ensure visibility of the European Union support for the project and to ensure dissemination and exploitation of its results.

Name in capital letters:

Place:

Signature:

Date:

--
Kindly/İyiliklerle - Gurkan Akcaer - Director of S&G
S&G: EurodeskTR Local Relay TR005 EVS/SHC:2008-TR-30
www.systemandgeneration.eu & www.genclikkaravani.eu
Tel:+90.533.4255299 Fax:+90.312.2301965 Address: Fevzi Çakmak2 Sokak
No:38/23 Çankaya 06440-Ankara-Türkiye Skype: youthcaravan

S&G imaging the societal systems of yesterday and today can facilitate the
generation of foresight in order to build tomorrow.

Youth Infodesk Caravan on the Move
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...