Bus Stop Cinema & Dsiruption - Swansea gallery Elysium, UK

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Bus Stop Cinema & Dsiruption - Swansea gallery Elysium, UK

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

http://www.elysiumgallery.com/joom/inde ... Itemid=183

Bus Stop Cinema

It is the return of our annual artist’s film extravaganza which is now in its 5th year. This year it will take the shape of Bus Stop Cinema (due to the new elysium gallery being situated by one of Swansea's busiest bus stops) and will be spread over 2 venues. The first will be at the internationally popular Hay-on-Wye festival in the beautiful Salem Chapel on Saturday June 4th. This will be the second year we have had a film presence at Hay-on-Wye where the footfall numbered in the thousands. Bus Stop cinema will then travel over to the new Elysium Gallery home, which is now situated in the middle of Swansea city centre and so the gallery will be transformed into a cinema showing artists films throughout the day and early evenings during August 2011.

We are looking for films of all genres by artists worldwide, please contact us for an application form or for further information.

Deadline for submissions: 2nd July 2011

Disruption

DISRUPTION is based loosely on the confusing and controversial idea of David Cameron’s BIG SOCIETY and how volunteers, charities and communities will take responsibility for transforming society themselves.

Using art as a tool to make people and our surroundings a better place, DISRUPTION will take the form of a series of small performances/gestures by our team of ‘POSITIVE DISRUPTORS’ throughout the city at a certain time and on a certain day demonstrating how a series of breaks from the daily routine could have a positive impact. This could take the form of storytelling, random acts of kindness, communication, mass participation, performance, and song, anything that will change the daily routine of that day in Swansea. All of this will be followed by interventions by Shellshock Theatre and a main performance at the gallery that same evening.

We are looking for positive disruptors to help make Swansea on Saturday 5th November 2011 a better place to be. If you would like to be involved in DISRUPTION, please contact the gallery with your ideas and for further information.
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...