And the Sun Came Up - Cédric Anglet's latest offering

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

And the Sun Came Up - Cédric Anglet's latest offering

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

Dear Friends,

This short e-mail to announce the forthcoming broadcast of the first sound piece from the series the 4 seasons of Paanäjarvi, a project we've been working on for quite a time now in russian Karelia. This is an immersive piece to be listened to on the best P.A or headphone you have .. More infos underneath..

hope you'll enjoy it! and happy spring

Cedric Anglet

And the sun came up
a sound piece by La danse de l'ours

monday october the 3rd, 23h30 on Radio Grenouille
and all the radios of the Radia network
For download shortly after on http://www.radia.fm

And the sun came up is the first sound piece of a project which, since 2010, focuses on the soundscape of the small Russian village of Paanajärvi. Isolated in the thick primary forest of oriental Karelia, Paanajärvi is somehow living out of the time and its inhabitants -among them the latest of the disappearing Karelian culture – live a tough life strongly bond to their environment. This is the first of four sound pieces that will each explore one season of Paanajärvi.

In the beginning of May Paanajärvi plunges into spring. The snow eventually melts, the river breaks free from the ice and everyday, new birds arrive, new insects overrun the swamps quickly followed by thousands of frogs. For the inhabitants it's time to go outdoor and resume their activities: preparation of the fields for the coming cultures, repairing and putting the row boats back to the river, fishing etc...

Since 2007 Nicolas Perret and Cedric Anglaret joined their own practices of sound, documentary and performative art into a common project of collection, creation and diffusion: La Danse de l'Ours.

Radia is a network of independent radio stations who have a common interest in promoting and producing artworks for the radio, and in forming projects based on broadcasting and cultural exchange. We produce a weekly radio show that is broadcast by each of the member radio stations. Our shows represent the local artistic community of each station, whilst at the same time these new works point to an emergent collective notion of self-determined art for radio.

The four seasons of Paanajärvi received support by

and the JUMINKEKO FOUNDATION
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...