- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Art residency in München to explore collective things

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

The Dolores residency and work stipend is a joint project of
DomagkAteliers e.V. (Domagk art support association) and
lothringer13_laden, a city-run art space promoting experimental
fine arts and processual / interdisciplinary projects.
We offer a 10 weeks residency in Munich for foreign artists
from mid juli through september 2011.

The purpose of Dolores is to connect experimental art, to
create international dialogue and networks. It is an opportunity to
develop and realize a project in the local context of Munich.

http://laden.lothringer13.de/category/vorschau/

AND

Political topics have become welcome guests in the field of fine arts. At the same time, there seems to be a general reluctance in western society to fundamentally change the political, social and economical conditions.

Escapism, the conscious or unconscious reluctance to confront a complex and contradictory reality, seems to be en vogue all over the place.
Communication with the other, the non-self, is avoided or rejected.
The energy is used up in projects of (self-)analysis, (self-)stabilisation or even (self-)restauration of the alledged original self.

It is the conservation of the present condition that has top priority, not the modelling of a future.

At the same time, we are wittnessing that structures of art and culture are more and more used as spaces for political thinking (and acting) be it in forms of exhibitions, symposia, discussions, workshops, publication or other.

Is it now, that the political is displaced into a niche … and thereby at the same time squeezed out of the mainstream? Is the talking about politics in the arts becoming the excuse for not having to really do them anymore?

How to render the boundaries of the self more permeable?
How to communicate with the other?
How to allow for a development, that is more than the reproduction of the status quo?

Starting from the end of november 2011, Lothringer13_Laden is inviting different actors to approach these and similar questions, to exchange, to enter into communication.

What does collective living or community mean, what is collective working?
How would spaces for such a collective living or working have to be conditioned?
How could they be generated and maintained?
Is there or how could there be exchange?
… and why are we doing this anyway?

It is in our interest, to start a consideration and a reflection about manifold models of collective working and living, about their chances, problems and challenges. We would like to collectively develop ideas how an exchange and a working together of the camps of escapism could look like and how that eventually could affect greater public.

Öffnungszeiten
DO — SA 16 — 19 Uhr
Lothringer Straße 13
81667 München
T +49 89 448 69 61
eMail & Newsletter
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...