ArtCamp - arts networking project for the Baltic region

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
Alejandro Lorenzo
Viesti:

ArtCamp - arts networking project for the Baltic region

Viesti Kirjoittaja Alejandro Lorenzo »

Benesek kirjoitti: Dear all,

I'd like to invite you all to ArtCamp (the initial strategy development meeting) that will be held over the weekend of June 23 and 24 in Latvia. This meeting will take place against the backdrop of the traditional Latvian Ligo (midsummer) celebration at a beautiful spot in Northern Latvia. This will be a very relaxed and informal multi-cultural gathering, but we do want to take something tangible away from it. To this end, I'd like to present a number of questions for you to consider now to assist us in shaping the discussions and plans (this is particularly relevant for those of you who will be unable to attend in person).

The aim behind this is twofold - firstly, to improve the flow of communication, skills sharing and opportunities across the whole region (we are considering the Baltic region as a community of interest, rather than one of geography for this). Secondly, to improve the business skills, markets and profitability of all of our members.

1. What do you think constitutes an artist? Are you an artist? Why do/don't you consider yourself in this way?
2. What are the main problems facing artists in the Baltic region at this time?
3. What would you like the network to do?
4. What should we call the network?
5. Should there be some professional standards of quality to join? i.e. Are we inclusive or exclusive?

If you know of other people who may be interested, feel free to pass on my contact details, but please don't simply forward this mail to general mailing lists.

Please let me know if you are able to come as soon as you can, and I will send you further details.

Hope to see you there,
Benesek

https://www.xing.com/profile/Benesek_Monk
--
Alejandro Lorenzo
Global Village ry
www.globalvillagetampere.com

Life's uncertain, eat your dessert first