Make it your-llennium: Call for partners and volunteers

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Make it your-llennium: Call for partners and volunteers

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

“Make it your-llennium!”

Dear friends,

Code-X International will apply for a project about the Millennium Goals for the November 1st deadline. The project is a youth democracy project, action 1.3. Our experience is that these goals are not well known among young people and there is still much effort to be made around the world to achieve them. The goals are listed at the following website: http://www.undp.org/mdg/basics.shtml. The project will be a four-part project and 24 young persons can participate and learn a lot about the Millennium Goals.

The main goals are:

- Bring youth closer to what the millennium goals are and what kind of policies the countries involved have on the goals and why.

- Promote the dialogue between youth and local policymakers about the policy on the millennium goals.

- Let youth take action in their own environment to work on the millennium goals.

- Teach the youth what they can do themselves in their own city and country.

The project consists of 4 parts (all dates are in the year 2010):

Part I February 1st – March 1st The participants prepare an assignment at home about the millennium goals: How is your local government working on the millennium goals and what are the main ideas of the citizens in their city about the goals.

Part II March 2nd – March 9th The participants meet in the Netherlands and share the results of the assignment. They will meet policymakers, visit millennium projects and stay with families that live in eco houses during the whole activity (millennium goal 7).

Part III March 10th – June 14th The participants execute an activity based on the millennium goals to involve the citizens and policymakers in their city on this subject.

Part IV June 15th – June 21st The participants meet in Latvia to evaluate the activities. Also they will see millennium projects and speak to policymakers.

We are searching for:

- Partners in EU countries (two partners are needed from each country);

- Partners that are interested in development work and the millennium goals;

- Partners that can stimulate and support the participants when making the assignments;

- Four participants per country (two participants per partner)

- Participants aged between 18 and 25 (preferably two males and two females);

- Participants that are able to speak English and are able to ride a bike.

Costs involved

We are applying for funding through the European Union Youth in Action Program, and we will keep the costs as low as possible (we know money is an issue for youth and non-profit organizations). The most you and your youth will be expected to pay your own travel health insurance and a percentage (not more than 30%) of your travel costs.

When you want to participate, please complete the attached Part III and send it to Code-X International before October 29th. When you have more questions about the project, don’t hesitate to contact us! When you are interested, but are expecting to have a hard time finding volunteers that fit the above-mentioned conditions, please let us know!

Kind regards,

Iris de Kievit

Code-X International

www.code-international.nl

E-mail: evs-world (AT) code-international.nl

Phone: 0031 (0) 345 518 731
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...