Viesti:

Pixelache Helsinki 2010: Camp Pixelache call for proposals

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

http://www.pixelache.ac/helsinki/2010-c ... proposals/

Call for Proposals

Below you can find information about two open calls for Pixelache Helsinki:

* Pixelache Helsinki 2010: Camp Pixelache
* Pixelache Helsinki 2011

The online application system for both calls will open on Mon 4 Jan.

The deadlines for Pixelache Helsinki 2010 call are Wed 20 Jan and Mon 22 Feb. The proposals we receive before the first deadline will have a higher priority in the programme. We will be going through the applications and making decisions about the programme on a regular basis.

The deadline for Pixelache Helsinki 2011 call is Mon 15 Apr.
PIXELACHE HELSINKI 2010

CAMP PIXELACHE IN KERAVA ART MUSEUM

On Friday 26 March, we will be organising a one-day Camp Pixelache, presenting work from various labs, study programmes and individual participants of Pixelache Helsinki 2010. All Pixelache programme that day will be held in Kerava Art Museum, located 30 min train ride away from Helsinki.

Camp Pixelache will take place on 1st floor of the museum (650 sqm), the opening of How to make a dishwasher exhibition and presentations of Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute researchers will take place on the same day on the ground floor.

The setup day for Camp Pixelache will be Thursday 25 March and the installations will be taken down immediately after the Camp Pixelache programme has finished on the evening of Friday 26 March.

CALL FOR PROJECTS / INSTRUCTIONS

For Camp Pixelache you can propose:

* Presentations / demonstrations
* Exhibitions / installations (these have to be easy to set up and take down)
* Discussion events

In addition to finished projects, we also welcome work that has just been started and would need feedback or collaborators. These can be prototypes and other experiments, or work that is still in its conceptual planning phase. We also welcome programme related to new organisations / initiatives or recent / upcoming events.

Due to limited resources of Pixelache Helsinki festival, Camp Pixelache participants should try to be as self-organised as possible with setting up their installations. If your project is complex and challenging to set up, you should consider proposing it to Pixelache Helsinki 2011 instead.

All Pixelache participants have to pay a participation fee (amount to be confirmed, the price was 25 euros in 2009) that will give you access to all Pixelache Helsinki events and a reduced price for food. Pixelache can assist festival participants in finding affordable accommodation but will not be able to cover travel costs (or any other costs related to your Camp Pixelache contribution).

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM

The information you provide about your presentation / exhibit will only be seen by Pixelache Helsinki 2010 programme committee. We will ask you to provide information that can be made public if your contribution is chosen to be included in the Camp Pixelache programme.

Description
A short description of your presentation / exhibit. Please also provide following information: 1. Project credits, 2. Project presenters (persons who would participate Pixelache Helsinki 2010), 3. Technical requirements.

Attachments
Unfortunately our online registration system does not allow you to include attachment files. All additional attachments (project descriptions, CVs, etc) should be made available online and the address(es) from which they can be downloaded can be listed in this field.

Keywords
Please give a list of keywords that can help us to place your presentation / exhibit into the right context. Here are some examples of topics that Pixelache has been exploring over the past years: Interactive art and design – Experimental electronics – VJ Culture and audiovisual performances – Grassroot networks and politics of new media/technologies – Public space – Art, Science & Ecology – Open and participatory practices. You can also refer to specific Pixelache 2010 topics, such as: Ecology – Energy – Robotics – Open Hardware – Urban interventions – etc.

APPLICATION FORM:
Name*
Email*

Name and email are mandatory.
Phone/IM
Country/Nationality
Organization
Address
Relevant websites
Bio

A short bio. All HTML other than the <A> tag will be removed.
Optional information
Project title
Description
Keywords
Relevant links
Attachments

Please provide (semi)permanent links to your attachments
PIXELACHE HELSINKI 2011

We are looking for organisations, groups or individuals who would like to organise a programme section for Pixelache Helsinki 2011.

We are also looking for proposals of projects (either existing ones or ones that would be premiere in Pixelache Helsinki 2011) that would require financial and/or other production support from Pixelache. We can provide this kind of support for only a small number of projects.

Application form on website

Modified: January 4, 2010
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...