Open Fields CAMP - in Sydney Uni of Tech & a Gallery like Hirvitalo call for everything 15 Jan deadline

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Open Fields CAMP - in Sydney Uni of Tech & a Gallery like Hirvitalo call for everything 15 Jan deadline

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

open fields 2010
>
>
> I am writing to you to let you know of a new unthemed conference set to take place in the year that is now mere hours away.
>
> This inaugural unthemed academic camp will be held at the University of Technology, Sydney, and Serial Space Gallery, April 28-30, 2010.
>
> It has been our intention to create a virtually limitless (unthemed) forum harboring the inner excitations of academics, researchers, students, artists and practitioners. By allowing pertinent themes, tangents, or circles of thought to appear organically, Open Fields is an ideal opportunity for presentations, engagements, and collaborations that are experimental, obscure, and uncompromised.
>
> We wish to invite you to present your thought, work in progress, or to present on the work of another, in the spirit of creativity, stimulation, and cross-pollination. This may take the form of an exhibition, installation, paper, presentation, performance, recital, round-table discussion, seminar, or any combination you feel appropriate or are inspired towards.
>
> The camp will feature self-catering, a program of nightly performances and events at Serial Space gallery (http://serialspace.org/ ), and the Rizzeria zine machine (http://www.rizzeria.com/ ).
>
> To apply, find our application form at: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... WUNrNGc6MA
> Registration for contributors and attendees will open in February, 2010.
>
> For more information, visit: openfieldssydney.wordpress.com
>
> Email us with any queries at: openfields2010@gmail.com
>
> Please feel free to forward this to any and all who might be interested in partaking in the event, even if remotely from overseas.
>
> Wishing you a marvelous New Year,
>
> Open Fields.
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...
markuspetz
Viesti:

Open Fields replies

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

Open Fields <openfields2010@>
to Mark Petz
date Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:42 AM
subject Re: Open Fields - A bit like Hirvitopia
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com

hide details 12:42 AM (7 hours ago)

Hi Markus,
Thanks alot for your email, and all of the links to exciting people and things happening.
I understand all sorts of distances part people and work in space and time, but if you or any contributors to Hirvikatu decide that you would like to sleep one night knowing that something you wrote was being read out in sydney, or some little game you devised was being played, or any and every other possible curious contribution was being presented with lights on or off, with everyone wearing or taking off their shoes, or any other decided variable...
then please let us know, even as late as the end of february, even though the deadline appears earlier.
It would be most exciting to have your work included. It would be nice to feel connected like this.
Otherwise, all the best with everything that is growing in all sorts of gardens,
Adam Lippmann.
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...
Vastaa Viestiin