NICE - info exchange on (post-)media art, network culture et

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

NICE - info exchange on (post-)media art, network culture et

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

Dear 'scopers

Reminder: We reinvigorate the NICE mailing list! NICE is a list for communication and information exchange on (post-)media art, network culture and trans-discplinary research in Baltic-Nordic region. We encourage you to post your announcements on NICE list by sending an email message to: nice@2012.x-i.net

Please feel free to forward this message to artists, cultural operators, academic researchers, and others who might be interested to join the list for contributing and/or receiving NICE postings.

More info: http://base.x-i.net/mailman/listinfo/nice

* About NICE

NICE stands for Network Interface for Cultural Exchange. It was founded in 1999, during TEMP event held in Kiasma organised by Geert Lovink, as a network and mailing list for fostering communication and information exchange about new media culture events, activities and projects taking place in the region of Baltic and Nordic countries.

In 2012 we reinvigorate NICE as an announcement list for (post-)media art, network culture and trans-disciplinary research in the Baltic-Nordic and North-East European region, including NW-Russia.

NICE mailing list is maintained by Riga based RIXC center. It runs on x-i.net server (administrated by Jaanis Garancs jg at 2012.x-i.net). The x-i.net server has now moved to Liepaja, where it will be hosted by Art Research Lab (MPLab.lv) / Liepaja University.

* Why mailing list?

An electronic mailing list is an e-mail based discussion group, which (unlike newsletters, which are one-directional distribution lists) allows its subscribers to freely post their messages (with announcements). Mailing lists have been important tools for maintaining collaborative networks and their communities since the early stage of new media culture in the 1990s. Regardless of the popularity of social networking sites, mailing lists are today still productive environments, due their simple and open way for exchanging information and arguments.

* How to use it?

You can subscribe to NICE by filling out the following form: http://base.x-i.net/mailman/listinfo/nice
By sending an email to: nice@2012.x-i.net, you will post a message to all the list members.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the NICE Archives. (The current archive is only available to the list members.) http://base.x-i.net/mailman/private/nice/

For questions and/or more information please contact list moderators: Rasa Smite (rasa at rixc.lv), Andrew Paterson (agryfp at pixelache.ac), and/or Kristin Bergaust (kristin at anart.no). For technical questions (to subscribe/unsubscribe) you can contact list administrator Jaanis Garancs (jg at 2012.x-i.net).
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...