12 Questions for our credibility

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

12 Questions for our credibility

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

Andrius seeks co-operations in an artistic way.

Hi, I'm still in Vienna! As you know, I've been grappling with my future ever since I've been here. I share my conclusions and I am curious to know if you might like this or not.

I'm sharing my thoughts about future steps for Minciu Sodas as a lab, network and business. I wonder how this might fit with your own visions and dreams.

I've been thinking about my life goals and my business direction. I want to organize a culture of independent thinkers, of many small leaps that we can verify rather than one big leap of faith. I'm realizing this has a lot to do with establishing our own credibility to ourselves and others. Instead of "Trust me!" it's the spirit of "Don't trust me. Verify me!"

In my art work I'm portraying 12 questions by which I've engaged independent thinkers over the years to get to know them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/50525222@N ... 3/sizes/l/
The questions are relevant roughly in this order:
1. What do you care about?
2. Do you care about thinking?
3. What do you value?
4. What do you seek to know?
5. What do you wish to achieve?
6. Would you think out loud?
7. Where do you think best?
8. What is your dream in life?
9. How can we help each other?
10. What do you truly know about?
11. What lessons can you share?
12. What do you know of God?

Unanswered questions point to weaknesses in our credibility. How can others find my "help" of much use if I'm a lost soul, if I'm not self-directed, if I don't know my own dream-in-life, I don't know what I want to achieve myself, I don't know what I value? What's the point of them debating with me if I don't care about thinking or if I won't think out loud? What is the credibility of my knowledge and authority if I don't seek to know anything and don't know where or how I think best?

I believe the scale can work effectively as a guide to where a person's credibility breaks down. I think there are people who might value that as a foundation for a culture of self-directed people working together.

I'm in Vienna, Austria visiting Franz Nahrada. He's very supportive of this approach and suggested I develop a website and brand "12 Questions". I've just acquired the domain http://www.12questions.org

I'm also happy that these 12 questions are very much like the questions in the Structured Visual Thinking (TM) Discovery Framework, as John Caswell has confirmed. http://www.grouppartnerswiki.net/index. ... s_Equation Last spring in London our Minciu Sodas team visited John at his Group Partners offices. Their consulting approach is the most profound that I've ever encountered and they work intensely with executives at the top levels of the largest companies. We tentatively agreed that Minciu Sodas might phrase a related approach in the Public Domain, especially for individuals and noncorporate groups. I'm happy that these 12 questions might be the core of such an approach. They also use a lot of visual thinking and that encourages an artistic approach.

I'm setting up http://www.12questions.org as a place for people to post their answers to the questions as text but also to express themselves with all the creative arts. All of the site will be in the Public Domain. We will help each other create such works that express us and can be freely shared, too. The business opportunity that I see is that person A pays person B to help person C express themselves. I think this fits with my maxim that "Money brings people together, but you can't pay people to care." If we need help to express ourselves, then we ask others to help, but we don't pay them directly ourselves, because that would interfere with them caring about us, and then they might just do whatever we signal them to do.

The result will be a Second Life type of world but with the simplest technology and for "real world" people. And we'll interact in simple ways, but especially pointing to posts such as "kind words" at other online venues that support our credibility with each other.

Online venues can participate if they have clear leaders, if they are in the Public Domain except as noted, and if they take up the 12 questions as part of their activity. Typically we might discuss one question per week, twelve weeks in all, every year at such a venue. Does this make sense for your venue? This is how I imagine the Minciu Sodas network being reborn as a 12 Questions network. How best might this work in practice?

I'm thinking of starting such a series on March 1 at interested venues. I am doing related month long art shows in April in Vienna, Austria and in May in Vilnius, Lithuania and we can portray and show our dreams-in-life and other answers there.

The 12 questions will help me and others know who to invest ourselves in when we organize global teams for paid work. They will also help in collecting stories and patterns about real life, which is question 11, "What lessons can we share?"

I am encouraged by this direction. What do we think? Who might like to participate?

Andrius

Andrius Kulikauskas
Minciu Sodas
http://www.ms.lt
ms@ms.lt
+370 699 30003
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...