Shakespeare's Childr "CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA" by Bernard Shaw

- Hirvitalon tapahtumat ja tärkeät päivämäärät
markuspetz
Viesti:

Shakespeare's Childr "CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA" by Bernard Shaw

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

This is an invitation by director Dilek Yesilova to the new play by Tampere’ s International Theatre Group Shakespeare's Children:

"CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA" by Bernard Shaw.

ALL 3 PERFORMANCES ARE FREE OF CHARGE!

"Caesar and Cleopatra" is a historical comedy.
The play puts the part of Egypt's history under magnifying glass by Bernard Shaw's sharp humor: Julius Caesar arrives to Egypt to collect the ransom that was promised to him for saving the previous king from a rebellion. Under the sphinx in the moonlit Egyptian desert, Caesar meets child Queen Cleopatra; and decides to create a true queen out of her. The situation is complicated by the fact that Cleopatra is married by tradition to her younger brother Ptolemy- who is led by power- hungry eunuch Pothinus.

This time Shakespeare's Children's cast is derived from 8 countries: Iceland, Finland, China, England, Turkey, Germany, Iran and Pakistan. Play have been prepared in a course by Tampere Public Study Centre (Työväenopisto) and directed by Dilek Yesilova- Leino.

While preparing this play we relied on love and passion for theatre, support from our friends and a joy that comes from creating together in harmony. Now we like to share the result with you.

Welcome to see our play!

Also: Please feel free to forward this message to your friends and acquaintances who would enjoy seeing an English play.

Performance dates of Caesar and Cleopatra:

7th of April, Thursday: beginning at 19.00

13th of April, Wednesday: beginning at 19.00

14th of April, Thursday: beginning at 19.00

Address: Tammelankoulu (Tammela School Building) 4th floor (Ilmarinkatu 17 Tampere)

For more info, please check out:
https://sites.google.com/site/shakespea ... ra-handout
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...