Trilingual Language Comp - make a vid & Win an iPad 2

- open for all to see, wherever you may be
markuspetz
Viesti:

Trilingual Language Comp - make a vid & Win an iPad 2

Viesti Kirjoittaja markuspetz »

http://language-rich.tumblr.com/competition

Languages Speak Up! A competition

Are you multilingual? If you speak three or more languages we want to hear your story!

Enter to become one of our Language Ambassadors – you could win a new iPad 2.

To celebrate the European Day of Languages, the British Council and EUNIC in Brussels are launching a competition to find Language Ambassadors who are willing to lend their voice to the cause of language learning by creating a short video of their linguistic journey.

The selected videos will feature as an important part of the websites of our major twin projects: Language Rich Europe and Poliglotti4.eu.

To enter all you need to do is to make a video clip (with audio) of 2-3 minutes, using all the languages you speak. In the video we want to know about you and how your language skills have improved your life.

Use the following to help you:

Who are you and what do you do? Introduce yourself.
What languages do you speak?
When did you learn your languages and how did you learn them?
Why do you feel that learning another language is important?
Can you tell us about a time or situation when knowing a foreign language really came in handy?
How does speaking different languages affect your daily life?
Please say “I love languages” in your favourite foreign language.

Important: Use your imagination and feel free to involve your friends and families. Most important is to make your video fun to watch! Also be sure you speak in all of your languages.

Why participate?

To encourage and motivate others to learn languages.
To share your insights on benefits of learning a language.
To win a prize and feature on our websites among well known Language Ambassadors.

Who can enter the competition?

Residents of the Council of Europe Member States
Adults of any age (18 or older). Due to child protection regulations no one under 18 may appear in the video.

How will the winners be chosen?
A panel of judges from the multilingual Language Rich Europe project team and the British Council will choose the winner. The panel will judge your entry on:

original idea when choosing the setting and plot for the video clip
the imagination and creativity shown in presenting their story of multilingualism
the clarity of the benefits of being multilingual

How do I enter?

Read the instructions carefully first before making your video
Read the terms and conditions before entering
Make your video clip of Languages Speak Up!
Upload your video with maximum 4 minute length

How do I upload my video?
Between September 26 and November 4 (17:00 CET) upload your video on YouTube and post the link to the video here. (“Submit your ideas and comments” on the right hand side)

If you have any problems posting it there, just get in touch with christiane.keilig@britishcouncil.de.

Important: Your video should be uploaded by 17:00 Central European Time (CET) on Friday, 4 November 2011.

What can you win?
• The winning video will win a NEW iPad 2
• One runner up will win a Sony Bloggie camera

Important: All winners of prizes, including the main prize, will be informed by email and will be able to collect the prize on a date agreed with the organisers in the British Council office in your country.
Ask me and maybe I say
tell me and I might listen
feel for me when I can't feel for myself...